Ten Steps to Buying
Here's a quick look at the steps you'll take when buying your first home with Roberts Brothers:
1. Determine how much home you can afford. You can do this by using our Finance Center Tools.
2. Conduct a preliminary search with Roberts Brothers Home Search. You may even want to save some of your searches and schedule home showings online.
3. Contact a Mortgage Consultant and get your mortgage pre-approved.
4. Contact a Roberts Brothers Sales Associate to look for a house that meets your needs.
5. Once you find a home on which you want to make an offer, you'll sign a purchase agreement.
6. Have your new home inspected to ensure there's nothing seriously wrong with the property. It’s also a good idea to get homeowner’s insurance to protect yourself against any unforeseen calamity.
7. Notify your loan officer that you've found a property so they can begin the loan approval process. You may want to consider locking in your interest rate. Your loan officer will send you a new good faith estimate which shows your monthly mortgage payment as well as your estimated cash needed for closing.
8. Notify your phone company, utilities (don't forget water and sewer), moving company, post office, newspaper and magazines, friends and family and change your mailing address.
9. Pack and move!